The company has extensive experience in the design of steel, aluminium and advanced composite vessels and has a proven design pedigree for structures that are lightweight, robust, straightforward to construct and maintain as well as being fatigue resistant through close attention to detail.
BMT collaborates closely with shipyards to ensure that the engineering details employed are within the accepted practice of the yard, the capability of their equipment and make optimum use of the production facilities of the yard.
The scope of our services in detailed production design encompasses the following;
- Full structural design and 3D development for CNC cutting
- Plate nesting
- CNC code
- Bill of materials
- Stock reports
- Plate rolling templates
- Assembly ISO reports
- Workshop Drawings
- 3D pipe routing and clash detection
- Pipe penetrations
- Isometric pipe arrangements
- Pipe spool drawings
- Detailed development of vessel outfit.
- Technical specification, design and integration of complex outfit equipment
- Detailed weight calculation and monitoring
The above capability, linked with our experience in pre-contract design, Classification level design and build support, allows us to offer single source engineering responsibility for all naval architecture, structural, mechanical and outfit aspects of design, from concept to reality.